flight sim 2004 problems

honeybabe 15:09 02 Mar 04

Anyone had probs with flight sim 2004. After several instals I still can't see the instruments in cockpit view ( big black space ) virtual cockpit view is ok. 2002 works a lot better and everything is there. I have uninstalled everything from 2002 but still the same. I am running XP pro, AMD athlon XP3000,512 MB of RAM, Leadtek 256MB graphics card. Everthing is fine on my other PC.

nkosi 15:38 02 Mar 04

Sounds like you need to update your video card driver. Check out these known card issues at Microsoft. click here;en-us;823628

nkosi 15:41 02 Mar 04

Let me try that link again. click here;en-us;823628&Product=flt

nkosi 15:49 02 Mar 04

I can't paste the whole page address in so go to Microsoft Support at click here and in the search box type: flight simulator 2004 known video issues. Your problem is listed under an nVidia card.

Jester2K 16:08 02 Mar 04

This is the link click here

Look at

NVIDIA Video Cards and Adapters
Nvidia Geforce FX cards: When you start the game, the cockpit appears black and the instrumental panel does not appear. To resolve this issue, download and install the latest Nvidia card drivers.

Update to the version 45.23 or higher drivers. To do so, visit the following NVIDIA Web site:
click here

While Microsoft recommends that you update your drivers, the following information may permit you to work around the issue. From the NVIDIA control panel set the Antialiasing option to the Application setting. The Application setting controls antialiasing directly in the game.

To work around this issue, follow these steps:
On your Windows desktop, right-click an empty area, and then click Properties.
Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
Click the tab that displays the name of your NVIDIA GPU.
Click the Performance and Compatibility Settings option from the menu on the left.
Locate the second slider. The second slider is the Antialiasing slider.
Move the slider all the way to the left to the Application setting.
Click Apply for the change to take effect.
Nforce motherboards with integrated audio may require upgraded BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) and drivers.
To download this driver, visit the following NVIDIA Web site:
click here

mole44 09:18 09 Mar 04

i know it sound silly but have you updated your system via microsoft and your graphic card maker

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…