Flight Sim 2004 Problem

03goldingjam 18:42 07 Aug 05

I have been using FS2004 successfully for several months, but recently have completely reinstalled everything on my PC. I can now access FS and the menu, but a couple of seconds after the actual simulator starts, the computer restarts. I have installed the update for FS, and I have no third party add-ons. Please help!

Kenneth-266656 20:52 07 Aug 05

No experience of 2004 - mine is 2002 - would suggest you uninstall from add remove progs and then reinstall from scratch. Just in case when you have uninstalled do a restart before installing again.

03goldingjam 10:23 08 Aug 05

I will try that, thanks.

Klof Ron 11:58 08 Aug 05

click here(qudifo45dsadstalxv53t555)/index.aspx and download and install the updated FSUIPC V 3.48.

Klof Ron 12:00 08 Aug 05

Sorry, when you click on the link go to the free downloads on the left hand side and scroll to the bottom for links to the updated file.

03goldingjam 21:08 08 Aug 05

Thanks for the ideas, but neither of these two suggestions work. My computer still restarts after a couple of seconds of the plane moving, and then a 'system has recovered from a serious error' message appears when I log on again. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Number 7 22:54 08 Aug 05

If you're using Win XP, try the following:

Try to stop the computer restarting by right clicking the My Computer icon and select Properties.

Click the Advanced tab and under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.

Under System Failure, remove the tick from Automatically restart.

When you attempt to run the game, you may get a blue screen with an error message on it.

If you do, post the exact error here.

It also might be worth a look in Event Viewer for an error message.

Control Panel> Admin Tools> Event Viewer.

Look under System and Application for any red error messages and right click the message and select Properties to get more info.

Do you have the latest drivers for your hardware- video card, sound card etc?

Why did you have to reinstall Windows?

More info about your system might help to track down the error- video card, soundcard etc.

roy 22:57 08 Aug 05

Two thoughts on this problem. Firstly, are you using a 'no cd' crack or are you starting with the cd in cd drive?

Secondly, it may relate to your graphics card. I would consider removing it and reinstalling it in order to make sure it is seating ok. Next, have you changed the drivers for your graphics card lately?

Another thought; have a look at these FAQ's click here

03goldingjam 11:49 10 Aug 05

Thanks for all the responses, but I have solved the problem by reinstalling Windows again - I did this before the responses from Number 7 and Roy. I can't think what was causing the problem, but FS is working fine again now.

03goldingjam 11:53 10 Aug 05

In case it helps any other people with the same problem, I was not using a 'No CD' crack, I was using the original disc. All of my other games with similar specifications to FS2004 work fine, and I had updated drivers etc.

roy 16:49 10 Aug 05

Good news!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…