Flickering webpages

nessmanuk 16:26 03 Dec 10

Hi all
Sometimes when I load a webpage it flickers all the time - eg BBC weather page. On most pages it does not happen. NOT the internet connection as it does not happen on another laptop. Just bought the laptop so am concerned it is a problem with it.
Thanks

lotvic 23:35 03 Dec 10

Does the BBC weather page flicker *every* time that you visit it?
If most other pages are ok then don't see how the laptop hardware can have a problem, it must be something to do with particular webpages.

nessmanuk 11:51 04 Dec 10

Hi Lotvic
Flickers not only on BBC page - seems to do it on any page that has some 'moving graphics' - if that makes sense! Is even doing it on this page now as I key this rresponse!!
Thanks for your interest and help

lotvic 14:33 04 Dec 10

If you are using Internet Explorer have you tried ticking the 'Compatibility Mode'
Is the laptop fully updated with Flash etc.

Have you tried using a different browser? (you can have several different browsers installed on pc and just use whichever one you want)

I use Firefox so can't help much if you are using IE but others may have suggestions.

nessmanuk 15:56 04 Dec 10

Hiya - tried Compatability Mode but no difference - but did try Firefox and it works just fine!! Thanks for your help.

mooly 17:20 04 Dec 10

I have had missed frames and jerky video on the embedded flash BBC weather page for nearly 12 months. No other sites even other BBC items affected. Always keep flash player updated too.

Never thought for a minute to try compatability view for that problem... but it's worked for me... thanks.

IE8 and Vista.

lotvic 21:31 04 Dec 10

Thanks for the feedback, it may help someone else with same problem, glad it's worked for you (both)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…