Flickering screen

Ops 14:02 13 Jun 04

every time i open a program the screen flickers, any ideas what i can do to fix it
Thanks

wee eddie 14:29 13 Jun 04

What type of screen?

What OS?

It's a good idea to check that your graphics card is well seated but that is unlikely to be the problem

Ops 14:38 13 Jun 04

IIyama Prolite E431S on XP PRO

Stuartli 14:40 13 Jun 04

Is the monitor cable securely fixed, both on the system and the monitor?

Also check that your Display>Properties>Settings>Adapter tab refresh rate is set to 85MHz - this setting eliminates screen flicker for virtually anyone using a monitor.

ened 14:43 13 Jun 04

Sometimes if I freeze-frame Real Player and leave it on the screen instead of minimizing it the Start Menu flickers.
But that might just be my set up.

Stuartli 14:45 13 Jun 04

Apologies - that, at least it is in my case, should have read under the Monitor tab (I have an nVidia chipset).

Under the Adapter tab there's a List All Modes button - this reveals what resolutions, colour and refresh rates your graphics card will support.

Dr. Charles(retired now) 14:55 13 Jun 04

Enough memeory ? Is when you open a new application this causing a memeory problem. I think you can have a full 1Gig of Ram on XP

wee eddie 15:47 13 Jun 04

Have spelling problems. Hope this helps - Good point

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…