Flatbed scanner software

skinny123 20:02 02 Jun 07

I have been given a Canon CanoScan FB1210U but don't have the software to install on my computer.

Any ideas people please

I have googled the name but didn't get too far really

SANTOS7 20:09 02 Jun 07

click here
this may help,good luck..

chub_tor 20:43 02 Jun 07

click here this is the driver on the official Canon download site.

skinny123 21:41 02 Jun 07

Santos7, your link won't upload the download i need, if yo know what i mean? I have tried the two windows but don't really know what to do, or find my specific device in the pop down index

chub_tor, i click on your link and nothing happens, sorry if i am being a bit thick

SANTOS7 22:29 02 Jun 07

Have just tried link and it works for me if you click on one of the mirror site links it will send you to CANONS download site, however the site it sends you to is CANON US chub_tor's link sends you to CANON EUROPE stick with that one it will give you the software you need, good luck..

skinny123 07:48 03 Jun 07

Thanks SANTOS7.

I have down loaded the software that should let my computer communicate with the scanner, still nothing.

When i first plugged the scanner into the usb port it asked for the software disc to be inserted, but obviously i didn't have it. Now i have downloaded the suggested software and unzipped the folders(whatever that means) plugged the scanner in, expecting it to be recognised, nothing!

So i am still as baffled as when i first started...any clues please

beeuuem 11:06 03 Jun 07

Unplug the scanner.
You need to D/L the Toolbox for SG CS-U 5.6.X
Extract it, open the folder and click on disk 1 then Setup to install the toolbox.
To install the scanner Drivers you need to D/L "ScanGear Cs-U for use with/without FAU-S11 (5.6.1b)" and extract it and save in a place you can find.
Plug the scanner in and when the new hardware is found navigate to this folder for the drivers to be found and installed. If this doesn't work you will need to use Add Hardware in Control Panel to look for the scanner and install the drivers.

skinny123 17:11 03 Jun 07

Dam it, beeuuem, i thought i had it.

I found it hard to follow what you were saying there but got all the way to add hardware...

before i continue, when i plug it in to my pc now it doesn't "find new hardware" as it did when i first plugged the scanner into my PC.

I digress, i couldn't find or recognise any of the downloaded files in Add Hardware in control panel, even in the Add New Hardware part.

I am pretty sure the scanner works by the way.

beeuuem 19:33 03 Jun 07

Unplug the scanner then reboot. Plug the scanner in to start the Hardware Wizard.
When it asks for drivers select the option that you will specify the drivers to be used. Click on the Browse button and find the folder that you saved the extracted downloaded "ScanGear Cs-U for use with/without FAU-S11 (5.6.1b)" files in. The wizard will indicate the name of the file you are looking for which be an .INF file, probably autorun.inf. Click ok when you have found the file to start the installation.

Sebastian Ereira 13:03 05 Jun 07

what operating system do you have

windows xp, windows 98 etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…