Flat screen problem

TOFF 20:33 31 Oct 04

I have had a 15in Proview screen for nearly 2 years and I have noticed that it has started suddenly to change shade (e.g. go blueish or greenish or go a little lighter or darker). Sometimes, when this happens, it is all over very quickly (a flutter and then back to normal) whislt at other times it goes on for several seconds going through several variations. So far it has not remained in a 'shaded' state. Is this a sign that I will shortly need to replace it or is it reparable?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

harps1h 23:59 31 Oct 04

could be a couple of things. try the obvious first like check the connections on your graphics card and the back of your monitor. also you could try your monitor on another pc or conversely try a different flat screen on your pc. do this before you jump in and buy another monitor

bvw in bristol 00:26 01 Nov 04

The first thing I would do is check when the warranty ends.

Find your receipt etc. After taking harps1h's advice, if you find the TFT is faulty and your warranty has expired you'll kick yourself.

Most monitors have a 3 year warranty thankfully, I'm waiting now for my 2nd replacement TFT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…