Flat screen monitors

msmop 06:38 25 Feb 03

Well, it looks like my monitor is definately on the blink as it spends more time a plain light blue than having access to it. So I am giong to have to replace it, and thought about going for a flat screen monitor. What are the things to look out for when buying as I don't doubt some are better than others and not nessecarily reflected in the price?

Thanks

powerless 07:53 25 Feb 03

click here for the techincial...

click here for the not so technical...

click here for the chart...

click here for a random monitor from the above 'click here', which is by some strange conicidence the TFT i have ;-)

Lets take a look at the spec...

Its huge Screen size 18.1in is excellent for spreadsheets and good for DVD playback and computer games. There are smaller screens and there are larger screens. Set yourself a price then see what the biggest one you can get for money.

Max resolution 1,280x1,024 you will probably will not use as the text is very very tiny. I use a screen resolution is 1024 x 768 text is clear and suits me eyes good.

Pixel pitch @ 0.28mm is what makes up the screen. A pixel pitch 0.28mm is somewhat high so the clarity of text will not be as good as a screen with pixel pitch of 0.24mm. Also a picture will not be as crisp... This monitor scarfices on pixel pitch; so the price gets reduced. Is that a good thing? Yes i have no complaints with the text and picture and video reproduction. Within Winodows XP its helps if clear type font is on.

Weight 7.8kg well beats going to the gym.

Digital connector or DVI allows the monitor to connect to a DVI output on a video card to for a complete digital path from computer to moniotr. I use the DVI connection. Again at the price with a DVI...There giving them away.

USB Port - Will not power anything such as a webcam. I can connect my digital camera to this USB hub - A nice extra.

Nice controls...This monitor is nice and i have no complaints.

Its best to look at the TFT's display and see for youself, thats what i did.

powerless 07:57 25 Feb 03

I agree with the PCA review ;-)

Andsome 08:24 25 Feb 03

What a painstaking helpful person you are. You have certainly given msmop food for thought. I could not afford to go to 17 inch when I had my new computer, as the whole works including a photo scanner cost me £1520. I have however been more than pleased with my GNR F153, if this is helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…