Flat Screen Monitor Magnifier

Dekka123 01:01 28 Jan 05

Hi I am partialy sighted and I have a 17" TFT monitor and I wonder if anyone knows of a screen magnifier. I dont mean the software but an actual magnifier that clips over the screen. Thanks in advance

Derek 08:29 28 Jan 05

I'M NOT PERSONALLY AWARE OF ANY MAGNIFIER BUT I'M SURE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF THE WINDOWS DATA ENLARGING FACILITY FOR IMPAIRED VISION.
OTHER CONTACTS YOU COULD TRY ARE THE VARIOUS SOCIETIES FOR THE BLIND AND NOT FOGETTING A GOOGLE SEARCH.

NEEDLESS TO SAY, THERE ARE SOME VERY EXPENSIVE WAYS OF OVERCOMING THE PROBLEM BUT I'M SURE YOU'LL WANT TO EXPLORE THE 'LOW-END' MEANS FIRST.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE SOME HELP IN DOING THIS SEARCH, THEN PLEASE COME BACK, KINDEST REGARDS.

Derek 08:32 28 Jan 05

ANOTHER THOUGHT.
FOR MUCH LESS THAN YOU PAID FOR THE TFT 17" SCREEN, YOU COULD HAVE PURCHASED A VERY LARGE CRT MONITOR, HERE I'M TALKING ABOUT A 'PUBLISHING' MONITOR.
SWAPPING ONE FOR THE OTHER PERHAPS COULD BE AN AVENUE TO EXPLORE.

Dekka123 08:47 28 Jan 05

Thanks very much for your comments and advice. I have been in touch with The blind institute and they have told me they cant get one for a flat monitor. I know there is lots of software out there and you are right its very expensive and its not really what I want. At present I am using the magnifier programme which comes with windows but the problem with magnifying software is it makes text grainy that is why I am trying to get something that fits over the screen. I have tried a google search to no avail i'm afraid. Thank you very much for your kind offer to help I would certainly be very gratefull if you could help me with some searching. I will keep this thread open just in case.

Derek 07:14 30 Jan 05

I'M NOT QUITE SURE TO WHAT EXTENT YOUR EXPERIENCE IS WITH TEXT ENLARGEMENT SO FORGIVE ME FOR STATING WHAT MIGHT APPEAR TO BE OBVIOUS.
YOU MENTIONED THAT TEXT BECOMES GRAINY WHEN 'BLOWN UP', THIS WILL BE THE RESULT OF OVER ENLARGING AND WHAT YOU ARE SEEING IS PIXELS RATHER THAN GRAIN. IF YOU WERE TO USE A MAGNIFIER, YOU WOULD GET THE SAME RESULT.
YES I'LL GIVE THE PROBLEM MORE THOUGHTS AND CERTAINLY I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR YOU.
MEANWHILE, POP INTO ANY LARGE COMPUTER STORE AND ASK FOR A DEMONSTRATION OF THE BIGGEST CRT SCREENS THEY HAVE.

Derek 07:24 30 Jan 05

PERHAPS SOME FORUM MEMBERS COULD GIVE SOME ADVICE ON THE FOLLOWING IDEA....
ASSUMING THAT DEKKA123 HAS A HALF DECENT GRAPHICS CARD, WHAT WOULD THE POSIBILITIES BE OF HOOKING UP TO A LARGE DOMESTIC TV SET ?

DEKKA..WHAT ABOUT STARTING A FRESH THREAD OR POSTING, THAT ADDRESSES THIS QUESTION ?

EXAMPLE... HEADING READS "I HAVE POOR SIGHT"
MESSAGE READS "COULD ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE ON THE POSSIBILITY OF OUTPUTTING MY 'SCREEN' TO A TV SO THAT I CAN SEE IT BETTER AND WHAT WOULD THE COST BE AND WHAT RESULTS SHOULD I EXPECT ?"

KIND REGARDS DEREK

Dekka123 11:12 30 Jan 05

Derek thank you so much for your concern. I have marked this thread as resolved and I am taking your advice and starting a new thread. Thanks once again I am grateful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…