flat screen monitor for DOS

Dave from Miami 19:58 21 Oct 03

I want to find a flat screen (LCD) monitor to display a dos box within windows. But I need a monitor that can go to low resolution so the box will not be tiny and the text will fill the screen.

Any recommendations will be helpful.

Thanx (again)....

Dave in Miami, Florida.

PS I still use WordStar for DOS -- the best wordprocessor ever!

PA28 20:03 21 Oct 03

LCDs have native fixed resolutions - 1024x768 for a 15" which is way off DOS resolution. Image on these is awful. I agree with you on Wordstar but it's 15 years since I last used it. Still cold and miserable here!

PA28 20:05 21 Oct 03

I should have said "image on these IN DOS is awful". In Windows they're great!

PA28 20:31 21 Oct 03

Though I stand to be corrected, I don't think even that will make DOS look half decent on a TFT.

PA28 20:34 21 Oct 03

Ok - take your point!

Dave from Miami 02:35 25 Oct 03

Surely some LCD monitors must be "better" than others for displaying a dos box . . . . can someone make a recommendation?

Dave in Miami

Djohn 02:47 25 Oct 03

Sorry, but all TFT's lose out on display quality when you move off the native resolution. I use a 17" TFT and it's terrific in win. XP. Also got WordStar for DOS, but don't use it now.

I was looking through Toms hardware the other day and apparently there are some new monitors due for release any time now. They combine the best of CRT resolution and are the same size as a TFT. Nice flat screen but with glass. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…