Flat Screen - just went blank

wedfan 15:24 20 Aug 04

I was working away this morning and occasionally my flat screen would go blank. Now this afternoon, it has completely gone dead on me. The computer and screen are only about six months old. What is wrong? Any suggestions?

ptrafc 15:31 20 Aug 04

Is this a laptop you're talking about? If so, sound like it's been banged or something. Is it still running?

ptrafc 15:32 20 Aug 04

Is this a laptop you're talking about? If so, sound like it's been banged or something. Is it still running?

ptrafc 15:32 20 Aug 04

jonnytub 15:34 20 Aug 04

take it back to where you bought it from and ask for a replacement under your 12 month warranty.

ptrafc 15:34 20 Aug 04

damn thing!! sorry!

wedfan 15:40 20 Aug 04

No its not a laptop. Its a desktop machine. Thanks for all the replies

wedfan 15:42 20 Aug 04

wedfan 15:42 20 Aug 04

jack 17:07 20 Aug 04

If the Machine is running still do check your data cable [have had occasion to disconnect either end and perchance it is not tight up.
Check also the power supply - is it on?
Is the screen light light on?
The thing is you may well find it is something simple, even if it is not it is nice to be able to say the the vendor exactly what the trouble is- shows you arn't going to be fobbed off.
j

jack 20:27 20 Aug 04

Wed Fan
Note the tick prob solved
What did you find?
Nice to know for our knowledge base

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…