flat screen and graphics card

hvs 11:07 15 Dec 04

I have bought a new Dell 17" flat screen to replace perefectly working crt.I have found that the text in some places blurrs. I know it isn't the tft because I plugged it into my Dell Dimension 8300 which has the exact same tft, it works no problem. It couldn't be the graphic card as such (if it is sufficient to handle the tft) because it works perfectly on the crt as well. To what extent would the graphic card on the old pc have an effect on the text etc on the tft? The graphic card is an AGP Hercules 3D Prophet 4500xt 64mb tv out. I will try to the the on line tuning for XP which was a suggestion from someone else and see if this works.
Your advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks Heidi.

teknikz 11:13 15 Dec 04

i dont know what your problem is....but when i got my flat screen....it did the same....then i moved my monitor a bit to fix something and it was fine.....looks like it was the fans/components inside my pc that were having the effect on my monitor.......dunno if it's same for yours though

TomJerry 11:23 15 Dec 04

did you set monitor's resolution seeting at native (should be 1280x1024 for 17").

if you use XP ot 2k, turn on "ClearType" on the visual effect.

iscanut2 12:12 15 Dec 04

Also check that your screen refresh rate is 60hertz. This is the norm for most TFTs although it may be ok at 70 but not normally higher.

hvs 19:19 19 Dec 04

Thank you for the replies to my flat screen problem. I have tried everything suggested but still have blurred text. Does the graphic card have an affect on the quality of the text etc?
your replies would be very helpful.
Heidi

Rayuk 19:21 19 Dec 04

Are you using a dvi or vga cable

hvs 08:32 20 Dec 04

Rayuk
I am not very clued up on pc technically, but to my knowledge this flat scrren has no dvi and the graphic card is a Hercules 3D Prophet 64mb tv out.
Thanks
Heidi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…