can anyone help me my son has plugged my printer mains lead into my flat screen after moving my computer now it is not working will this have wrecked my screen or can it be fixed
thanks for any help

woodchip 13:47 25 Jun 03

Possible, What have you tried if any

Belatucadrus 13:56 25 Jun 03

Post the type of screen and printer that way somebody may be able to work out what input voltages are involved.

PhiltheFragger 14:02 25 Jun 03

It is possible that the back light has blown

Most TFT screens come with a 3 year warrenty although THIS problem may not be covered. Look at the stickers on the base to give UK manufacturers/ Agents info and give them a shout

woodchip 15:55 25 Jun 03

The screen should not blow just by plugging the power lead in. But if the signal cable was plugged in when switched on, it could have done it in. Also switch of and remove the signal cable to check see none of the pins are bent both ends of cable

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:47 25 Jun 03

Household insurance, ground him for 3 weeks and give him a clip round the ear'ole. ;-)))

Gaz 25 19:51 25 Jun 03

Contact the manufacturers, they may be able to give some advice.

david4637 20:03 25 Jun 03

You should not be able to plug the mains lead into the "signal" cable of the monitor, they just don't normally fit. Have you looked at the signal cable connector on the monitor - you can't get a square peg in a round hole? Regards David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…