Flat-panel monitor (DVI )

teribus 15:57 30 Nov 04

I am hoping to purchase a flat-panel monitor with (DVI) How can i tell if my PC will be compatable with (DVI)?? . My PC is about three years old . Thanks .

SEASHANTY 16:21 30 Nov 04

Your graphics card will have the DVI outlet connection on the rear panel. Usually you find both the VGA d-sub and DVI sockets if DVI supported. As your PC is three years old I doubt it. That isn't to say tho' that you cannot purchase a new graphics card which does. There was a posting on the forum some time ago now from the FE when he purchased a new 19" AOC TFT with both analog and DVI support. He said that he noted little difference between using analog and DVI.
I have a 19" Samsung TFT with support for both systems but only use the analog connection because my graphics card only supports two analog outputs.

SEASHANTY 16:31 30 Nov 04

Some more info
click here
click here

Jeffers22 16:40 30 Nov 04

There is no question in my mind that with a decent TFT (mine is LG 1710b) using a DVI input the image is sharper. BUT, and I would emphasise this, only with better quality screens. A DVI graphics card can be had for a touch over £20 (connect 3d Radeon 9200 or 9550 for example) from ebuyer. You will often have to buy a DVI cable too, not all TFT manufacturers supply one. My LG did come with one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…