Flat-panel monitor (DVI )

teribus 15:57 30 Nov 04

I am hoping to purchase a flat-panel monitor with (DVI) How can i tell if my PC will be compatable with (DVI)?? . My PC is about three years old . Thanks .

SEASHANTY 16:21 30 Nov 04

Your graphics card will have the DVI outlet connection on the rear panel. Usually you find both the VGA d-sub and DVI sockets if DVI supported. As your PC is three years old I doubt it. That isn't to say tho' that you cannot purchase a new graphics card which does. There was a posting on the forum some time ago now from the FE when he purchased a new 19" AOC TFT with both analog and DVI support. He said that he noted little difference between using analog and DVI.
I have a 19" Samsung TFT with support for both systems but only use the analog connection because my graphics card only supports two analog outputs.

SEASHANTY 16:31 30 Nov 04

Some more info
click here
click here

Jeffers22 16:40 30 Nov 04

There is no question in my mind that with a decent TFT (mine is LG 1710b) using a DVI input the image is sharper. BUT, and I would emphasise this, only with better quality screens. A DVI graphics card can be had for a touch over £20 (connect 3d Radeon 9200 or 9550 for example) from ebuyer. You will often have to buy a DVI cable too, not all TFT manufacturers supply one. My LG did come with one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…