flat bed scanner

sconedd 20:38 21 Feb 10

Can anyone in the forum help please. I have just upgraded to Windowss 7 Ultimate, and use a Epson Perfection 1200 Photo scanner for a few years, which has been an excellent workhorse. I now find that it is not compatible with Windows 7. Can anyone suggest what I do?, is it scrap this one and buy another or does anybody know a way out of this situation?. If not can somebody recommend a scanner similar. I am disabled and with limited funds. Thanks for your help.

northumbria61 20:44 21 Feb 10

click here

Hi sconedd - download your driver from here.

woodchip 20:46 21 Feb 10

Download Twain Drivers o=for it from hear click here

GaT7 20:46 21 Feb 10

You could try using Windows Virtual PC & XP Mode to run it. click here for more info & to check if your hardware (CPU in particular) is capable of running it. G

GaT7 20:52 21 Feb 10

If you go for the others' suggestions but find there are no Win7-specific drivers, you could try installing its Vista/XP drivers in Compatibility Mode - click here for instructions.

I think this would be a better solution (if it works) than using XP Mode I suggested at first. G

northumbria61 20:54 21 Feb 10

Sorry I have pointed you in the wrong direction -
At this time, there is no Windows 7 driver for your Epson product - BUT I do know that if you try the TWAIN Driver v5.53A in the LIST from my previous post it may work - it does for some people. It is actually for XP. Download it to your DESKTOP and then click on it to INSTALL. Let me know how you get on please.

sconedd 20:29 22 Feb 10

I did take all you advice about the driver, and i posted a response back to you all, but it did not turn out right. I wanted to thank woodchip, crossbow7 and northumbria61. I eventually went with northumbria61's suggestion and it worked fine. Thank you once again for your advice. sconedd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…