Flasing the motherboard

Txerra 19:14 09 Aug 03

Hy guys,

I'd like to know where I could find some information as to how to go about flashing my motherboard. I have a BX 2000+ Intel 440 BX AGPset Gigabyte.

Is there any issues should I be aware of?

By the way, at the minute i have another posting open because \i going through a rough patch with my computer.

VoG II 19:17 09 Aug 03

From time to time we get postings like this click here

In other words if it goes wrong you can end up with a 'puter that won't boot.

Think carefully about the necessity of doing this and if you decide to proceed then follow the instructions to the letter.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:25 09 Aug 03

Personally I cannot see why people feel the need to flash their MBs as the benefits are tenuous to say the least. It may help to accommodate a larger HD but an external USB is easier to add-on. It amy help with a larger processor but unless you are effectively doubling the size of the processor (a new MB would be a better option) there is not much poin in replacing it. If you run out of RAM during the operation your MB will be totally US. click here explains how-to and the pitfalls and click here has a good step-by-step.

The Sack 19:44 09 Aug 03

You obviously not seen the change logs for the nForce 2 boards if you think the benefits are tenuous mate :-) A BIOS update can change a bad mobo in to a world class one.

Most mobo manufacturers offer a Windows flasher now, you just click one button sit back and let it do it from Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…