Flashplayer Problem

Phoenix40 12:28 09 Aug 10

Hello i think i might have a problem with my Flashplayer 9 that might be affecting my desktop. I tried to install the latest version Flashplayer 10 but it wont install. Then i read on the Adobe site i should uninstall the old version first. When i tried this it came up with a message saying there was an error 20 whatever that is and couldnt uninstall it from my computer? I got a feeling now my Flashplayer isnt working properly as i couldnt see it on your opening screen. Im using Wins Vista, hope someone can help thanks.

northumbria61 12:45 09 Aug 10

Have you tried going to Control Panel - Programs & Features - uninstall entry for Adobe Flash Player ?

Phoenix40 14:19 09 Aug 10

Hello thank you for your reply. I have manage to install the Adobe Flashplayer 10 in the end. What i want to know now is that i notice there is a separate folder called Flashplayer 9 Internet Explorer. Is it the same thing, or something different from Flashplayer 10? Because thats where i had the problem of uninstalling thinking that was the one i had to remove. Now i notice the explorer icon has disappeared next to the description. So do i still need this for IE 7 i have, or is the Flashplayer 10 quite adequate for IE 7. I hope someone understands this and gets back to me thanks.

northumbria61 14:44 09 Aug 10

Flash Player 10 is an upgraded version of Flash Player 9 - you don't need both. Have a look in Control Panel you should have something resembling the following :-

1. Adobe Flash Player 10 - ActiveX - V.10.0.45.2
2. Adobe Flash Player 10 - Plugin - V.10.1.53.64

In addition if you have Adobe Reader (for PDF's) you should see - Adober Rdaer V.9.3.3

northumbria61 14:45 09 Aug 10

Correction - In addition if you have Adobe Reader (for PDF's) you should see - Adobe Reader V.9.3.3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now