flashplayer download ?

spike22 23:56 25 Nov 04

A site I am trying to visit tells me I need an update of flashplayer and offers a link to macromedia etc but will not download - nothing happens ? - have checked old threads on this site for similar problem without much joy other than similar links as initially prompted.
Also is it perhaps relevant that I cannot log in this forum thru Avant "NEED COOKIES ENABLED" (which I believe they are ?! )but have to access via IE - have Mcafee firewall and a bit more knowledge than last time I posted a thread but not much !!
thanks in advance

THE TERMINATOR 00:28 26 Nov 04

worked for me click here or click here ....TT

Irishman 00:36 26 Nov 04

Also disable any pop up blockers you have running including IE's if you have SP2.

spike22 10:01 26 Nov 04

Terminator
Have used one of your links - thanks very much
have been able to download an exe file but when try to proceed am prompted to select which netscape compatible browser I wish to use yet drop down window is blank - have the option to browse , if I do this and say select Avant I am told plug ins cannot be found ?
Any further assistance anyone can give would be gratefully received.
Irishman - not 100% about pop up blockers -
have Ad-aware and spyware

961 10:10 26 Nov 04

click here has much helpful information

I had the same trouble. Many security settings will prevent flash. Mine eventually turned out to be an enabled "flash killer" setting in Spywareblaster. Once turned off everything worked

spike22 10:31 26 Nov 04

961 - thanks for the advice am looking at javatester - also have checked spywareblaster - the flashkiller is disabled - hope to resolve soon

spike22 10:54 26 Nov 04

961 et al
Thanks for the advice - was able to download uptodate J2RE thru javatester link and now can access the site I want.
very grateful to you all
S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…