Flashplayer 16 Options for Laptop

Phoenix40 00:54 15 Dec 14

Hello i have a laptop with wins 8.1. When i wanted to download the latest Flashplayer 16 for my laptop it came up with these new options ive never seen before. One is called FP16 for Opera & Chromium PPAPI, the other is FP16 for Firefox NPAPI. Are these for laptops and which one do i choose. Hope someone can explain these thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:30 15 Dec 14

Opera, chrome and Firefox are all internet browsers therefore I assume you are using Internet Explorer

and its the same plugin version 16.0.0.235

The options on the page are for the other browser and if you don't use them then you do not need to download anything as iE has already update it to the latest version.

click here and it will tell you what you have installed at the moment.

Secret-Squirrel 13:38 15 Dec 14

Phoenix, as already hinted at by FB, unlike other versions of Windows, Internet Explorer on Windows 8 gets its Adobe Flash updates automatically via Windows Update so there's no need for you to worry about having the wrong or outdated version installed.

Is this query related to your previous thread about being unable to view the videos on the BBC News site? If it is then it's not you as I can't get them either in Internet Explorer. I don't have the same problem in Firefox.

Just leave things as they are and I'm sure the BBC will sort things out at some point.

Phoenix40 22:34 16 Dec 14

Hello thanks for the advice about the flashplayer options.Especially about the laptop i wasnt aware about that using window updates. Yes the BBC news video wasnt working on both things, but i noticed today it is. But i still cant get the video trailers on Steam to work at the moment. So im not sure if its me or the Steam site that has the problems thanks anyway.

Secret-Squirrel 09:17 17 Dec 14

"But i still cant get the video trailers on Steam to work at the moment. So im not sure if its me or the Steam site that has the problems...."

Please provide a link to one of the affected Steam videos and tell me what the problem is exactly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant