flashpath smart media readers

Michael-240508 17:34 09 Jun 03

Hi all
Just upgraded my OS to Win2000. Cant get my pc to recognise my Olympus D-380 Camera. Have looked at the flashpath smartmedia readers.
Anybody got any experience with these? The price seems to vary quite a bit what should I expect to pay? More important do they work?

pj123 18:02 09 Jun 03

I have a Flashpath Floppy disk adapter. I works just like a floppy disk. No problems. If you have a Lidl store near you they are doing a 6 in 1 card reader from this Thursday for £12.99. I am hoping to get one. (got to be quick) Reads any camera card.

GBL 18:14 09 Jun 03

I used a Flashpath reader for ages, iy slots into the "A" drive, very slow by todays standards. Have just gone in for the USB2 6 in 1 card reader, great, speed improved tremendously. Would also suggest that you get a PCI USB2 card though as it works better still.

I got one of those from Novatech for £15ish it came within a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

HighTower 18:46 09 Jun 03

Get a card reader that is USB compatible. I used to use the flashpath floppy convertor but for around £15 the much faster card readers are worth every penny!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…