flashing power button

Mrobjojo 09:02 14 Jul 08

hi,my first post here,i have an iqon desktop pc,until yesterday the power button led was alway static ,but yesterday it started flashing.
Is this normal or does it mean there is a fauld,or is it just a change in the settings,sometimes it does stay on but then starts flashing again.thank you

Technotiger 09:22 14 Jul 08

Are you sure it is the Power button and not the Hard drive LED. It is normal for the Hard drive LED to flash when data is being read or written.

Gongoozler 09:24 14 Jul 08

A flashing power LED is certainly not a normal occurrence, but each manufacturer can have a specific meaning for a LED indication. Your computer manual should tell you what this means.

Technotiger 09:29 14 Jul 08

BTW, can you describe PC better - I have never heard of Igon Desktop PC?

birdface 09:31 14 Jul 08

Maybe running a scan or update.or CD left in drive.

laurie53 09:35 14 Jul 08

Mine flashes when it goes into hibernation, you might have selected this inadvertently.

Mrobjojo 09:43 14 Jul 08

thanks for the quick response,i have an iqon quintal 1025-009 pc,bought it from tesco,it has a foxconn 8657mf-series motherboard, pentium d dual core,It is the on off power button on front of pc,it flashes blue,i have integrated graphics,but recently added a agp geforce 6200 card,not sure if this has caused the problem.my pc seems to be running ok,it has xp service pack 3.thanks

Mrobjojo 09:45 14 Jul 08

It is when pc is powered up that it flashes
!

Technotiger 10:07 14 Jul 08

Hmm, provided everything is running properly I would not worry about the flashing LED. My own HD LED is supposed to flash, but doesn't, it does not affect the running of my PC at all, so I ignore it anyway.

I have learned something today though - I now know about Iqon PC's ....... click here= looks like some very cheap bargains too!

Anyway, should have said this at the start - Welcome to the best Forum on the Net !!

Mrobjojo 10:12 14 Jul 08

thanks for the help,as it happens i found out yesterday that iqon have gone into liquidation,good job my pc is out of warranty,thanks again.

Gongoozler 13:25 14 Jul 08

From what I think is the manual for your motherboard
"Power LED Connector (PLED)
Attach the connector to the power LED on the front panel of the case. The Power
LED indicates the system’s status. When the system is in S0 status, the LED is
on. When the system is in S1 status, the LED is blink; When the system is in S3,
S4, S5 status, the LED is off."
and
"Green Function
Supports ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface)
Supports S0 (normal), S1 (power on suspend), S3 (suspend to RAM), S4
(Suspend to disk - depends on OS), and S5 (soft - off)."

I hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…