Flashing and moving adverts on this site

Migwell 05:41 10 Nov 04

Dear FE. adverts, as the one we are seeing at the right hand side for O2 and another for a colour laser printer ar very distracting and anoying. Is there any way we can stop having to see them how can the be blocked please.

CurlyWhirly 07:06 10 Nov 04

Sorry to rock the boat but I don't find the adverts at all distracting although what I do find distracting is pop-ups so let's be thankful that there are none of these on this Forum!
Don't forget that the adverts are very important as they help fund this Forum which is after all FREE.

Diodorus Siculus 07:28 10 Nov 04

click here for info on how to modify your hosts file to block ads.

Try Firefox browser as an alternative to IE.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:48 10 Nov 04

They pay for your free use of this site;-)) Try clicking on them occasionally.

G

Carafaraday 10:47 10 Nov 04

I don't seem to have these ads at all - just the PCA poll.................am I missing something?

Migwell 00:48 11 Nov 04

I don't mind the adverts being there but they would be far better if they did not flash and wove I find it very anoying and distracting. Can't help it it is just the way I am.

dogtrack 08:16 11 Nov 04

You could try turning of images in your browser, via the advanced tab within Internet Options. Be warned though, it effects all sites. Also it makes surfing very boring, as all you will see is text. 8-(
Like Gandalf said, the Adds allow you FREE access to this site.

SEASHANTY 14:32 11 Nov 04

If you are using FIREFOX browser then RIGGA posted a flash - block link which allows you to turn off or on the Macromedia Flash utility at will. See his posting at this PCA link
click here
This extension works extremely well. I use it quite often.

Djohn 14:36 11 Nov 04

I also make a point of clicking on them every now and then to see what's on offer. Helps to pay for the running cost of the forum as well. :o)

Philwane 15:53 11 Nov 04

Saw this thread earlier for Secretmaker
click here

Works well stops the Flashing Ads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…