flashing monitor

jackdouglas7 21:20 28 Mar 10

A similer issue to others that i have seen posted.
When left on desk top pic for a while the monitor ( ViewSonic ) flashed on and off. When I eventually manager to log on or use a program it works fine.
Any ideas ??
regards
Jack

ms_mariam 22:44 28 Mar 10

Have you tried removing the desktop picture?

I'm a little confused about your message.

So the screen is flashing before you log in? how can you see a desktop picture before you log in?

Please clarify and then I can try and assist you further.

jackdouglas7 13:11 29 Mar 10

The screen flashes regardless of who has logged on/ user, eg the wifes desktop pic or the kids one so regardless of whos desk top picture is showing it will flash if left on fro a while. It also flashes when it is showing the user list before logging on. The only way its usable is because you get about 2 seconds with a normal screen then 2 seconds off. If you move the curser during the short time its on then you can log on and once the screen / pc is being used the monitor behaves itself . ( like now as i am using my PC and the screen did flash until I logged on and started using it).

northumbria61 23:26 29 Mar 10

Have you tried updating Monitor driver via Device Manager?

User-1229748 01:45 30 Mar 10

or go to your pc manufacturers downloads page and try the display drivers on there,sometimes older drivers can be better.or go to viewsonic and try the drivers from there.could also change power settings to always on as regards the monitor display.also could try having no screensaver selected.also if you go to monitor settings and advanced and at refresh rate make sure that the box that says hide modes that this monitor cannot display is ticked.

ms_mariam 04:19 30 Mar 10

Excellent suggestions above.

Could something be causing interference with the screen?

jackdouglas7 10:30 30 Mar 10

many thanks all. I will try these ideas tonight.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…