Flashing modem light despite pc being off

Mind-Meld 23:59 03 Apr 06

Hello

I have a Cable Modem (SURFboard SB3100) which connects my pc to the internet. I use Telewest's Blueyonder Broadband service and have a fairly new pc.

My main concern is that the orange 'activity' light continues to flash well after I switch off this new pc, a Mesh running Windows XP professional. This light never flashed when connected to my old pc after it was off , an Evesham running on Windows 2000.

I use Norton Internet Security 2005 and connect via internet explorer. My pc connects via an inbuilt NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.

Is this continued flashing a valid concern or should I worry?

If it is a concern how can I stop it other than removing the connection lead? (My modem does not have an off switch).

Cheers.

remind 00:03 04 Apr 06

Nothing to worry about. If your modem is like the SB4100 there should a standby switch on the front (or maybe on the top) which will switch it off if it bothers you.

jack 09:19 04 Apr 06

As Remind
Power can go to the modem via the cable conn as well as PC. If you mean PC is off via the machines own switch then there is a resudual carrent flowing still unless the PC is unplugged from the wall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…