Flashing BIOS within windows

johnnie_mcdougall 19:48 15 Sep 04

I have a chaintech VNF3-250 and I have tried to flash the bios, unfortunately for some reason AWDflash doesn't seem to load. So...I'm looking for a utility to flash my award pheonix bios from within windows. God I hate this board nothing works, IDE, GART drivers seriously nothing works.

Gongoozler 07:55 16 Sep 04

WinPhlash is said to be a utility for flashing Phoenix BIOS under Windows, but I think the BIOS file has to be in the correct format for it. Before you try anything as drastic as flashing the BIOS, have you contacted Chaintech support?
click here

johnnie_mcdougall 09:46 16 Sep 04

Yea, contacted them, they have gave me a what I like to call cotoon wool solution "uninstall all drivers, reformat PC, try using A: prompt with Awdflash, I got the board to work this morning at 4am by a fresh install and basically backing up everything that moved. It finally shows that my AGP setting is 8x as opposed to 0 and DOOM 3 etc runs like a dream. This should be fun whilst I try to install later and newer driver.....think Norton's Ghost is gonna save my bacon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…