Flashing Bios -Advice Please

holly polly 16:48 06 Sep 03

Hi i am in the process of upgrading my bios -hdd just about dead decided to purchase a maxtor 80 gig ,but for the all the drive to be recognised ,this requires the ver7 upgrade this is easily done through windows ,because it is a gigabyte mobo -my question is should anything go wrong how do i reinstall the original bios i have saved the original bios in my documents ,does it need putting on a floppy ?,i am very cautious and need to know how to put things right should they go wrong ,as usual all answers greatfully recieved -hol pol...

hugh-265156 17:02 06 Sep 03

see "4" and "IV" click here

holly polly 17:11 06 Sep 03

ok huggyg71 yes i've read this tutorial countless times tell me have u updated your bios before and if so have u encounted any problems-cheers -hol pol..

hugh-265156 17:24 06 Sep 03

i have never had any problems.i have a gigabyte GA-8siml board but have never used @bios as my computer is a packard bell.any bios updates i have done manually via a floppy containing the bios update and a flasher.

as your going to use @bios then i think you will be pretty safe.

holly polly 17:29 06 Sep 03

ok huggy71 thanks for the reassureance everything just as i thought, going to get on with the flash now will let u know how i get on-hol pol...

Djohn 17:34 06 Sep 03

As huggyg71 says. I have not yet plucked up the courage to do it myself, but last weekend a tech. friend of mine came round and Flashed my BIOS for me.

He downloaded the up-date to desktop as a Zip file, then opened/saved to floppy rebooted and flashed from the floppy. All went well, hope this is of help to you rather than confusing you. Good luck, see you back soon. :o)

holly polly 18:02 06 Sep 03

hi just flashed the bios everything went ok -now have version f7 installed ,piece of cake through windows and over internet ,just waiting for delivery of new hdd ,and we'll be cooking on gas -thanks for the help huggy71 and djohn ,thought i'd be allright but its nice to get the reassurance ,see ya -hol pol...

seedie 18:06 06 Sep 03

Wanna come and do mine for me?

Djohn 18:09 06 Sep 03

well done! Takes a lot of courage to do it yourself for the first time. Pleased it worked out well for you. :o)

spuds 18:11 06 Sep 03

I have a similar task to do.Either flash or exe, but I am very nervious as to the damage that I may cause.Just spent two weeks, with a downed machine, couldn't fancy going through that again.But this posting as restored a little confidence(;0( + (;o)

hugh-265156 18:12 06 Sep 03

glad it all went ok for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…