Flashing BIOS

t.long 11:16 27 Dec 03

I have an ECS K7S5A board which can take up to XP2000, but I have an XP2400 (2gig) so I need to flash the BIOS, whilst I have an idea of what to do, I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on what to do. Cheers, and a merry Christmas to all - I guess its still Christmas really.

Gongoozler 11:21 27 Dec 03

Hi t.long, see if these help -

click here

click here

Forum Editor 11:25 27 Dec 03

to ensure that you've downloaded the correct file for your particular BIOS - a mistake here can result in a very dead computer. BIOS flashing isn't something to be undertaken lightly, and to be honest I think you need a very good reason to do it at all. I rarely recommend it as I have seen too many attempts result in failure.

Having said all that - the process itself is simple, once you have the BIOS flash file on a floppy disk.

1. Turn off your computer and insert the floppy.

2. Restart the computer and the floppy will write the new data to the BIOS chip.

It's absolutely critical that nothing happens to disrupt this procedure, so don't touch anything whilst the Flash is running.

As always, before doing anything like this make sure you've backed up any critical data files to removeable media.

Rayuk 11:27 27 Dec 03

Just a ps

If you are using ntfs and not fat32 you have to use a slightly different method to flash your bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…