Flashgot and Firefox 1.0.3.

Daibus 11:47 21 Apr 05

Is Flashgot another Extension that will not install into Firefox 1.0.3?

Rather annoying as I have to revert to IE to access certain sites.

Cheers.

Belatucadrus 12:04 21 Apr 05

No click here new version 0.5.8 released April 16th compatible with Firefox 1.0.3

Daibus 12:15 21 Apr 05

Belatucadrus

Thank you for your reply.

Downloaded from your link OK but when I go to Open, I get an untitled blank Web page in Firefox and that's as far as I can get...the same result that I get with Dictionary Search, where I know now that there is a problem.

Cheers.

Belatucadrus 12:48 21 Apr 05

I've always used Leechget with their own mozilla menu extension, but I just installed Flashgot and it's picked up leechget as the downloader and is working fine on my copy of 1.0.3. I know that isn't helpful, but may indicate a problem with your Firefox installation rather than the extension. Try one of the firefox forums, see if anybody else has the same problem.

Daibus 07:09 22 Apr 05

Belatucadrus

Thank you for your help but as a novice, what is Leechget?

I did have a look at the Forum and Flashgot is listed as one of the Extensions that can be a problem with version 1.0.3 but also listed, are some others that I find, are functioning OK with me... so there we go.

Thanks again.

Belatucadrus 10:22 22 Apr 05

click here leechget is one of the "external download managers" that can integrate with Firefox using Flashgot. They have however provided there own extension, which I had before I'd heard of Flashgot, so up to this point had never needed to try it. Experimenting with it however Flashgot has installed, it shows up in the Firefox extension list, has picked up Leechget and works when I try the right click menu commands. Which leaves me at a loss as to why it isn't working on your copy of Firefox, sorry.

Daibus 17:08 22 Apr 05

Belatucadrus

Thank you for your help and I will see if I can can Flashgot installed.

broggs 19:28 22 Apr 05

what does flashgot do???

Belatucadrus 12:02 24 Apr 05

From the website link

" Quick Description

Enables Mozilla Suite, Firefox and Thunderbird to handle single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD (23 currently supported, see click here for details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page, from serial contents previously scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all". "

Belatucadrus 21:29 29 Apr 05

Flashgot has just been updated again, now version 0.5.9.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…