Flashed DVD\CDRW (Can't See Drive)

Pikachu 16:52 07 May 04

Hi
Just flased my laptops dvd\cd-rw drive, Samsung SN-324 drive, and after flash I cant see the drive. It was definatly the right drivers.

I want to try and revert back to the old ones but can't as it cant see the drive. Any ideas what I can do?

johnnyrocker 16:54 07 May 04

os?

johnny.

Pikachu 16:54 07 May 04

Its running Windows XP Home Edition

Pikachu 17:03 07 May 04

Thought the latest ones would patch current issues just like windows updates :D, never thought it woudl cause problems as I have flashed my pcs drive never thought this would cause any issues :( .

johnnyrocker 17:04 07 May 04

go into device manager and if you can see the item there right click it and select roll back drivers, failing that a system restore to prev known good position.

johnny.

Pikachu 17:09 07 May 04

Can't revert bak to old drivers as it can't see drive there :( ill do a system restore now and post back results

Pikachu 17:13 07 May 04

System Restore did not do the job :( Any other ideas please

woodchip 17:32 07 May 04

The drive as had it, as it flashes the software on the drive. unless you can get it done at a laptop repair shop

woodchip 17:34 07 May 04

PS it's bad enough with a desktop computer as when flashing a CDRW or DVD you should remove all the Ribbon cables on all EIDE drives exept the drive that you want to Flash. You cannot do that with a laptop

Pikachu 17:35 07 May 04

I'll take it back to the store I bought it from and see what they can do, hopefully they can replace it

woodchip 17:36 07 May 04

The cheapest option may be to buy a external CDRW drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…