Flashed BIOS, now it just beeps

Graham ® 19:38 23 Apr 04

Stop sniggering at the back :-)

Trying to get USB working on one of my trusty 98s. Got the impression flashing the BIOS may help, but now it gives one long beep and two short ones, nothing on monitor.

Award 4.51 motherboard. I've taken the battery out, but does anyone know where I can find the manual so I can try the reset pins, please?

I appreciate I may have killed the machine!

Diodorus Siculus 19:55 23 Apr 04

1long, 2 short Video adapter error

Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly.

click here

Graham ® 19:57 23 Apr 04

Sorry, talking out of the back of my head. The BIOS is Award. Belarc only shows the BIOS under circuit board. The only other mention is of Intel PCI controller.

Diodorus Siculus 19:59 23 Apr 04

Are there any identifying marks on the mobo to allow you to find out what it is? As I say, if award BIOS, then the beeps are as above.

Graham ® 20:00 23 Apr 04

Thanks, that seems pretty definate! Strange it happened when it re-booted after the flash attempt.

Gongoozler 20:20 23 Apr 04

Hi Graham ®, I suppose you don't have anything silly like onboard graphics. When you flash the BIOS you restart at the default settings, so you need to check that these are appropriate for your configuration.

Graham ® 20:26 23 Apr 04

Hi Gongoozler, no, seperate graphics card. I've tried it in another slot. After the 1 long 2 short beeps, there is a lower pitched one, then one even lower.

Gongoozler 20:33 23 Apr 04

I'm afraid that sounds bad ;-(. Are you sure you flashed the BIOS with the right data.

Graham ® 20:35 23 Apr 04

I'm not sure now!

Diodorus Siculus 20:51 23 Apr 04

Any possibility of a second flash?

Gongoozler 21:04 23 Apr 04

Hi Graham ®, can you tell us the motherboard make and model?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…