Flash is soooo hot!

jimforrest 21:25 PM 19 Aug 12

I have mentioned in here before that my Acer Aspire laptop running Win7 with 4gb of ram has a nasty tendency to overheat with monotonous regularity. I have now tracked the cause down to Adobe Flash. Run any application or non-Flash website and the CPU temp is about 60degC, but run a site with Flash on it and the temp rockets to 85 then 90+degC (and it shuts down). It happens so quickly that a little programme I downloaded to intercept the problem and put the comp to sleep can't keep up! I have uninstalled Flash and the problem has gone away. BBC iplayer, Youtube etc all still work fine - but surely I'm going to have a problem with something not working? Any ideas?

Nontek 21:31 PM 19 Aug 12

If you do run anything that needs Flash, you should get a message, something on the lines of 'You need ...etc'

It is up to you then, as to whether you click to instal/update Flash.

northumbria61 23:11 PM 19 Aug 12

You could have just disabled it in your add-ons and then enabled it when a program asked for it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay