Flash problem

mikel1878 17:20 PM 17 Feb 12

I am researching for a car and on the BMW website, I click on a link for a video. A box comes up with the message "FLASH PLUGIN REQUIRED: In order to view this section you will need to install Adobe Flash Player. You can find the latest player here:" I know I have the latest version, but antway I follow the link, download the version, install it and get the message that Flash is installed and ready for use. I go back to BMW, click the link and get the message again. Can anyone explain what is happening? On other sites, I often click on a link and absolutely nothing happens. No page opens, no messages, nothing. Is this related? Any answers would be appreciated. I am running Windows 7 and IE9

Thanks Mike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:29 PM 17 Feb 12

Have you set some sort of addon to block adverts etc. this would block flash content.

I do not us IE but firefox which uses a Noscript addon to block flash content.

mikel1878 17:33 PM 17 Feb 12

In the tools drop down the pop up blocker is off. I don't know if there is another one. I am thinking of using Safari or Google Chrome. Perhaps this will help.

birdface 17:47 PM 17 Feb 12

make sure it is enabled in add-ons.

have you not got another browser that you can try.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 PM 17 Feb 12

Have a read here

birdface 17:51 PM 17 Feb 12

Sorry just noticed that you have another couple of browsers that you can use.

Woolwell 17:59 PM 17 Feb 12

Try Chrome. Safari can have snags with Flash too.

mikel1878 18:41 PM 17 Feb 12

Thanks for your help - I am going to use Firefox and see how that goes.

mikel1878 19:00 PM 17 Feb 12

Hi again guys

I just downloaded and installed Firefox.

I tried the BMW page again and when I clicked on the video link,...guess what - I got the message about Flash again. The other links don't work either.

Where do I find the add-ons controls?

badhair1963 19:05 PM 17 Feb 12
  mikel1878 19:13 PM 17 Feb 12

Thats the version I have.

Could it be something to do with my anti-virus settings? I use norton 360

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X