Flash Player v10 and v9

Neill 20:45 23 Sep 09

Been on here some months back saying I cannot get Flash Player 10 to run and no one could suggest what was wrong so I gave up. Back then I accepted the offer to upgrade as you do, to the new version 10, installed it and since then, FP has refused to work. PC has Vista.
Now found filehippo web site and decided to download v9 as v9 worked fine. Now when I try to install v9, I get a message saying this isn't the latest version, go to adobes web site and download 10, end of story.
How can I get v9 to install? Thanks.

Stuartli 21:57 23 Sep 09

There are two versions of Flash Player, one for IE and the other for Firefox etc.

Neill 22:17 23 Sep 09

I've tried everything in the past and have made sure it is the IE version. Very frustrating.
This is version from the adobe web site:
Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.32.18
Windows, Internet Explorer

Sea Urchin 23:21 23 Sep 09

First uninstall your existing Flash Player using the appropriate Adobe uninstaller

click here

Then why not try downloading Flash Player 10 from the FileHippo site, as it was previously successful for you with version 9.

click here

Neill 15:24 24 Sep 09

Tried uninstalling before, just tried it again and still the thing won't run when I reinstall. BBC web site for example says "Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player" as it has for months.
Cheers anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac