Flash Player problem

curlylad 19:38 13 May 06

If I go to a site where flash player is needed, the site tells me to download the flash player or the newest version of the flash player.

I then click the link to do so which says something like "When you see the animation play and the text below it then you have successfully updated". I then see the animation play and the text but when I go back to the original site where I needed the flash player it still says I need the flash player installed.The same happens if I reboot after the supposed installation of the player.The odd thing is that when I have used the search function on my PC to see what I have installed relating to the flash player the search results came up blank for all these searches for 1) flash player 2) shockwave 3)Macromedia.I also do not have a folder relating to macromedia or any of the other associated words.

What is going on, how can it say I have the player installed when I clearly do not and if I haven't got the player installed then why do the animations play to confirm it is installed ?

Thanks in advance !

VoG II 19:44 13 May 06
  SB23 19:45 13 May 06

click here

Try this, worked for me

Steve

curlylad 23:41 13 May 06

Thanks for the links guys, between you it is now sorted !

SB23 14:10 14 May 06

Glad it helped, with thanks to AndySD, again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…