Flash Player only recognised on some xp accounts

Diggory 17:03 03 Aug 08

Wondering if some clever person out there may be able to help with this - tis driving me bonkers

System is xp pro / sp2 with a number of user accounts. I have uninstalled old flash versions using the latest adobe utility. Next loaded ver 9.0.124.0 successfully from the zipped Adobe source and works fine on Admin account and some of the user accounts but annoyingly not the account I use everyday [doh]. How can I get it to work on all user accounts.

I have searched the forums for guidance and found that there was an update utility loaded with this version that [some claim] fix a known sp2 bug. I ran it, it updated okay but has not fixed the issue.

I have mirrored all the internet options from the account that works – didn’t help either. I am wondering if this is an xp admin issue [although it will run from a non admin account, just not the one I want it to] so have given “full control” to the account I use but to no avail.
I am wondering if at some stage someone has down loaded a version from a non-admin account and this has caused some sort of registry access problem but I dont want to go there if at all possible.

Not sure if coincidence but some of my old MS security updates for flash have failed. This may now be for older version of flash player but may help someone with a diagnosis.

Any help gratefully received

D:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…