Flash Player Not working

jambolino 15:23 05 Jun 05

The Macromedia Flash Player on my PC has suddenly stopped working. No flash animations whatsoever work, wherever there should be a flash animation, all there is is the image placeholder with a red X in the top l/h corner of the box.

I have tried the Macromedia site and worked through the F.A.Q's in the support section but this did not work.

I have tried downloading Flash player again, but all I get again is the above. It seems that Macromedia do not do a version of Flash Player that you can download and save onto your PC or Floppy... or does anyone out there know otherwise.

I have tried disabling my firewall (Norton Internet security 2005) and restoring my system back several weeks.. just to see, but with no luck.

I run Win XP home with SP2 installed. Flash player did work after the upgrade.

Does anyone have any other Ideas or work arounds?

Thanks

Joe R 15:25 05 Jun 05
  Joe R 15:27 05 Jun 05

Oops,

wrong link. click here

jambolino 15:52 05 Jun 05

Thanks Joe

Tried this link, unfortunately the download is only for the 'shockwave player', despite the file description saying it is for the Flash and Shockwave Players.

VoG II 15:56 05 Jun 05
  jambolino 16:06 05 Jun 05

Thanks VoG

Have already tried this link. the link does not work on my PC, empty place holder with red cross in it maybe because it needs Flash??

The link worked fine on another PC.

jambolino 17:31 05 Jun 05

Can anyone tell me what files (and where) Flash Player should install on my PC so I can check.

Thanks

jambolino 17:39 05 Jun 05

Further to above:

Downloaded Flash Player from

click here

Everything now ok.

Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…