Flash Player installed causes IE to crash

Tim 17:41 03 Dec 06

I am having problems installing Adobe Flash Player. It causes IE to perform an illegal operation.

DETAILS:-
I recently upgraded to the new BT Home Hub. Because of installation problems, I did a complete clean software reload of all my software including WIN98SE. I use the Norton antivirus package that I get as part of my BT subscription

Subsequently when I went to a website that required Adobe Flash Player to be installed, it told me that I needed to install it - I thought that this was strange, as it got installed as part of my BT Home Hub software installation.

I then installed the Flash Player as asked, but on completition of the installation I got the message that "Iexpore has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". Following this whenever I went to a flash enabled website, I got the same illegal operation with IE.

Fortunately, I had done a save of my C: drive prior to this, so I was able to restore it to its previous condition. I then shut down my virus programs and all other unnecessary programs and retried, but the same thing happened.

I then looked at the Advisor Helpdesk forum and noticed a recommendation to run the Adobe Flash Player delete program. I downloaded this program and ran it successfully. I then tried installing Adobe Flash Reader again. Unfortunately IE still performed an illegal operation.

The version of internet explorer 6 I use is the modified BT Yahoo browser installed as part of the installation of my BT Home Hub software.

Has anybody any suggestions on how to fix my problem.?

skidzy 17:52 03 Dec 06

Try from here click here

Tim 21:04 03 Dec 06

It appears to be the same version of the flash player which I have already tried - version 9.0.28.0 (IE). Why would it be any different from here?

johnem 21:13 03 Dec 06

Tim,
After you downloaded and used the Flash Player uninstall program, did you re-boot the computer? I found that the new install did not work until I had re-booted. Hope this helps.

skidzy 21:15 03 Dec 06

Over the last few months there has been no end of problems with flash downloads from the Adobe site.
This download has been known to cure these problems.

There is mention of using Ccleaner and a conflict with some regarding flash player.

I could post a few threads that this download has helped those with similar problems.

Just an example click here

Tim 21:40 03 Dec 06

Now Fixed.!!!

Looking at the Adobe website about Flash player installation problems, it recommended carrying out the repair option for Internet Explorer from the Add/Remove programs menu.

I carried out this, then ran the Flash uninstaller and then installed the latest version of Flash and Flash player now works OK for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…