Flash player deletes when exiting I/E

zemdarin 09:32 18 Dec 05

Everytime I close I/E down and clear my temp files I always have to download flashplayer again. Is there a way I can download it and keep it on my computer please.

I have downloaded the flash standalone installer to my desktop and initiated the install, I thought it would inform me which folder it would install to, but it just installs itself and not into my program files. Normally all ACTIVE X I download go into my Windows/Downloaded Program Files along with Java runtime and Windows malicious software removal tool. They never get deleted when I exit Internet Explorer, so I can't understand why Flash Player gets deleted every time.

VoG II 21:57 18 Dec 05

Bump!

I have a similar issue but for me it occurs intermittently, without any (obvious) intervention by me. This has only been happening for a week or so, maybe since the last MS critical updates on Tuesday last.

zemdarin 23:32 18 Dec 05

Thanks for that Vog perhaps someone will have the answer, on how to download and be able to save it to a folder on your hard drive. At the moment it doesn't give you the choice where to install it to, when you open the download engine.

VoG II 20:48 23 Dec 05

Courtesy of Chegs on another forum click here

zemdarin 21:04 03 Jan 06

Thanks Vog I was able to download and keep it, although I am not sure where it was saved to. Not in my Program Files anyway, or my Windows downloadable programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch