Flash mx problem (this one to the cd editor) plzzz

CutNpaste 17:02 08 Mar 04

i have made a projector file with flash mx. and i want to open an external file, from a click of a button (exactly like on the cover discs, where you click to install a demo software). The problem is that i have tried the fscommand "exec" but flash wants me to store my extrenal file in a folder called fscommand. This is a problem to me becasue i have quite a few softwares with the setup.exe file and if i put all of them in one folder they will clash. I'm sure the Cover disk Editor of PC Advisor would understand what i'm talking about. PLZZZZZZZ Help!!

mattyc_92 20:02 09 Jul 04

I have recently got Macromedia Studio Professional and I am having the same problem and I have tried looking on macromedia's website for a solution, but haven't discovered it.
Having said this, I have discovered a program called Multimedia Builder that allows you to create professional autorun menus for all of your CDs. This program is easier to understand and you are able to get this program for FREE. However, I have registered mine, because the FREE version has an anying advertisment for this program.
You can find this program at click here This website wont allow me to conect at the moment, so you may need to do a google search on Multimedia Builder instead.
Anyway, this is a great program that is very simular to Flash but alot easier to use

mattyc_92 17:15 20 Nov 04

Hi, it's me again.... I have just read through this strand again and have relized that the Editor doesn't use Flah MX, they use "MacroMedia Director MX"

mattyc_92 14:00 10 Apr 05

Any look???

CutNpaste 10:40 11 Apr 05

I took advice from one of our senior lecturers,
and he says that the only flash 4 or 5 (i think)is the only version that does it using fscommand and then the path of the file. The latest ones dont support this and only want whats inside the fscommand folder.

Hope that helps. if u are stuck, then just ask the support team on ultrashock.com. they are experts in flash.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…