Flash Memory USB

Voiceoverman 09:00 13 Mar 04

Some time ago I posted several notes relating to problems I was experiencing with a Flash Memory (BELKIN) device. Thanks again to anyone who replied and offered help with this. Sadly, it came down to what seems to be a USB power issue on my MESH PC.

The Flash Memory device was bought from eXpansys and I just want to say how impressed I have been with their help along the way and subsequent refund even though there was nothing wrong with the device.

It's just good to know that some companies out there do have customers' interests at heart.

If anyone has any USB power stories to tell, I'd be interested.

Graham

Diodorus Siculus 21:44 12 Nov 04

Are you still there?

I would be interested in knowing your PSU rating as mine is only 250 and I am fearful of adding any more hardware to it.

BillEmm 23:26 12 Nov 04

These devices usually take their power from the on-board controller/internal hub and if you have several other devices connected to the controller then there might be contention.

I assume you are using a USB 2 port as you will need quite bit of bandwidth as well as the power.

Each controller will supply 500mA at 5 VDC of power at a 480Mbps (60MBps) bandwidth.

Power can be problem if you have other bus powered devices attached - mouse, keyboard and, worst of all: an ADSL USB modem.

PSU has been mentioned and if there is a problem with the 5 volt line then this can cause difficulties for USB bus powered devices.

Just a few thoughts.

Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac