Flash memory driver for 98SE

jack 17:33 06 Sep 05

Having temporarily gone back to 98SE, i have had to dig out drivers for various USB items that XP does for itself.
One such is a generic flash drive purchased mail order.
It came with a mini disk full of drivers that as I was in XP did not have to use.
In running install new hardware, and loading the disk, Win98 runs through the disk and tells me there there is nothing to suit the device.
Even more strange whilst in device manager I noticed a big Yellow against the scanner [Epson2400].
So switching off the A/V as reccomended i set the hardware install running only to be told there was nothing to be found. -strange thing is - the scanner works fine - bigyellow not with standing.
Coming back the the Flash drive - am i likely to find a 'generic' driver somewhere?

Klof Ron 17:36 06 Sep 05

I have a driver for Win98 thats works with mine. If you want I can e-mail it to you.

Diemmess 18:15 06 Sep 05

I bought a Transcend Jetflash a couple of years ago and at the time was using 98SE.
I can attach the CD's contents (the drivers anyway)to an e-mail from you if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…