Flash Games

dublin lad 20:55 17 Jul 07

How do i save a flash game to my pc so i dont have to keep connecting to the net to play it, or can i embed it into excel . i have seen flash games played through excel ,how do they do it.
Please Help

Mark

tobyb121 22:44 17 Jul 07

You can do this in two ways.
The first involves buying flash saver for $24.95 click here

The second involves a bit of html, but its very easy. All flash content that is played on your computer is saved into your temporary internet files. If you open this and search for .swf you will get a list of a load of flash content you have used/played. But some of the names are hard to recognize. You cannot play these games as they are, because the program that your computer uses to play them is an active x control, and not an executable program. So you need to embed these into a web page, this is probably where excel comes in, but I am unaware of this method. You need to take the script used to embed videos on blogs that is provided by sites such as miniclip.
I don't know if this will come out but

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="click here" width="550" height="400">
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="movie" value="C:\Users\User\Desktop\box.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed src="C:\Users\User\Desktop\box.swf" menu="false" quality="high" width="550" height="400" name="acidfactory" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="click here" />
</object>

It takes a bit of picking through but the above is my piece of html that is for a flash file called box.swf that I placed on my dektop. You just need to paste it into notepad and change any line that says C:\Users\User\Desktop\box.swf to the location of your flash file,(it needs to be copied out of the temp folder) and then save it as whatever you want .html and then open it, alow your browser to run the activex control and you have your flash game. You may find it is the wrong size, but you just need to go through tweaking a few settings. I know it looks daunting but its not that hard once you get used to it, and a great way to get free flash!

tobyb121 22:47 17 Jul 07

by the way the two parts where it says click here, are two links if you mouse over them it shows you the full version of what it should say, sorry it is so long, and probably quite confusing, but I wanted to make it as thorough as possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now