Flash file (*.swf) editable?

JerryJay 10:40 12 Mar 04

I am looking for a file format to publish PowerPoint slides on web. I format I want is that it keep most of effects but NOT editable/reuseable. The last thing a content devloper want is other people download and edit it and reuse it.

PowerPoint can save slides as html, but files saved in this way can be imported into Powerpoint and reedited and reused with very little loss.

I found that openoffice can turn powerpoint files into Macromedia Flash (.swf) files and then published on web. I want to know if flash files (.swf) are editable or not. I never work with flash files.

I have tried Adobe Acrobat which has ability of protection and is not editable. However, some effect of slides lost and I recently heard that some programs can convert pdf files into word files even pdf files are password protected.

Sir Radfordin 10:50 12 Mar 04

Flash files are much harder to edit and so may be the best option for you. However anything you do to protect content can easily be copied using that wonderful little function called Print Screen.

I assume you are creating original works and so they will be covered by copyright anyway.

JerryJay 11:09 12 Mar 04

Thank you Sir Radfordin. Yes, print screen can be used, but it only get Bitmap file which is not as useful as vector based file. Yes, I create original work, but just want to have some measures which prevent which be easily reedit and reused. If it is difficult to edit, people will not spend time to try to reuse it.

AndyJ 11:10 12 Mar 04

If you want to stop people downloading then have a look here click here it may help

JerryJay 11:19 12 Mar 04

AndyJ, thank you, it does work, but I will allow other people to download (even distribute offline), but just do not want other people to reedit and reuse them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…