Flash Drives not showing in Explorer

Jonno131 08:29 04 Nov 10

I'm running Vista Home on a Medion laptop and when I plug in a USB stick the various options appear but the drive isn't showing in Explorer. Other apps see the drive OK and it appears in "Safely remove hardware." This has only just started to happen. Can anyone help please?

rawprawn 09:48 04 Nov 10

Control Panel, Device Manager, and double-click on Disk Drives. If drive appears on the list double-click on it click on the Volumes tab, and then click the Populate button.
See if it then appears in My computer

Jonno131 11:13 04 Nov 10

Thanls rawprawn. Tried that. Drive showed OK in Device Manager but still no show in My Computer.

Jonno131 11:16 04 Nov 10

Thanls rawprawn. Tried that. Drive showed OK in Device Manager but still no show in My Computer.

rawprawn 11:34 04 Nov 10

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager and then re booting?

rawprawn 12:01 04 Nov 10

You could also look in Admin Tools> Computer Management> Disk Management. If it shows in there try changing the drive letter.

Jonno131 12:22 04 Nov 10

Thanks again rawprawn. Changing the drive letter worked. I think my USB controller was having a problem with a USB disk caddy I had connected.

rawprawn 13:00 04 Nov 10

Good, thanks for the feed back. I'm glad you are sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…