flash driver problems

rogerkenneth 18:18 20 Dec 09

New flash drive, set partition to public, loaded one folder of photos,via USB playback on PC okay, playback on TV via USB okay, loaded second folder of photos, playback on PC okay, playback on TV nothing, was advised to reformat still,okay on PC nothing on TV, was advised to reformat again and only download one image, still ok on PC nothing on TV.
I can play my camera card reader via USB on TV with the same photos with no problems.
I do not wish to burn to DVD as an alternative so any advice would be grateful.
Thank You.

ICF 19:42 20 Dec 09

What file system did you use to format the drive?

rogerkenneth 16:54 21 Dec 09

I used the Quick Format that was installed in the driver

tullie 20:51 21 Dec 09

Not the type of format,was it NTFS OR FAT

snv123 00:09 22 Dec 09

Use some other file format ,think this format is not feasible with your system.
Thanks.

rogerkenneth 09:44 22 Dec 09

Please forgive me for not having the knowledge to converse with you in computer terms regarding the formatting, i have no idea what type of format was used other than the Quick Format on the reader or how to find and use the ones suggested, or to use another type of file completely , i would be grateful if any advice could be put in plain simple English terms, at the moment a friend has the reader but i think he would be grateful of help, but in the meantime thank you all for your help. Merry Xmas.
Roger S/S

isca2 10:21 22 Dec 09

With your flash drive inserted, go to My Computer, right click on the drive's icon and then select Format. It will probably only be FAT32 which is fine. Tick to Format, quick or full, does not matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos