Flash 6+ Update

Bagsey 22:13 04 Nov 06

I keep getting a couple of screens on the top of my BT Yahoo web browser page telling me that I MUST accept this Flash 6+ upgrade. I cant see any reason why I should want or need to upset my status quo. Can anyone convince me that I should accept this upgrade and if so why. Thanks.
I am running XP Home SP1 and am happy with that.

Bagsey 09:54 05 Nov 06

Anyone out there with any clues as to what it is about.

Bagsey 09:47 06 Nov 06

This message is still cluttering up my front page and I see no way of getting rid of it. Can anyone offer advice? Am I the only person that has got it? I am starting to feel victimised :-))

Probabilitydrive 09:55 06 Nov 06

I wouldn't trust it. So, caution says- dont click on those pop ups. Go to click here to find out what version of flash player you have gotinstalled.

Otherwise, use your Antispy programmes to deal with the pop-ups.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 09:56 06 Nov 06

it's so the news clips, videos etc run in adsl advanced instead of basic, i found it all very cluttered, led to un asked for email, ran unexplained processes, i have now got rid of everything concerning bt yahoo and use firefox or occasionally ie7. whole system much faster spyware free and about half the processess, have also put the ridilulous bt broadband help to bed also as it also hogs everything and im quite capable of rebooting my pc on my own without waiting 20 mins for a txt message asking me to do so!

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:00 06 Nov 06

im assuming you get the upgrade or switch to lite mode message?
if you upgrade it seems to fanish if you clean registry in anyway. hope this helps

jarvis10@btinternet.com 10:12 06 Nov 06

also i used to find, if you click upgrade it takes you to the link probabilitydrive just posted but when you click download it says download sucessful straight away and i still got the annoying windows, the only way icould stop it was to rerun mysterious start up processes which i couldnt find on any data bases thats why i chose to get rid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…