Fitting/loading order for new PC

Chas 10:11 18 Feb 05

I'm about to take delivery of a new Mesh PC. I intend to re-use my existing Audigy 2 ZS plat/pro rather than the onboard sound, an existing SCSI scanner. BT Broadband (via the Alcatel Frog) and several applications, including Norton AV, Nero 6, Steinberg Cubasis 4, Photoshop Elements, Pinnacle Studio 8 and the usual rash of office applications. I intend to use an external Maxtor One-Touch HDD to transfer data and settings (using the Windows transfer Wizard and a backup duplicate). I'm pretty sure there will be a correct order for doing all of this to minimise trouble but would really appreciate some advice on what this might be, as I know from previous experience (but now too long a go to recall) that there will be some issues if some bits of kit and/or software get loaded in the wrong order. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Yoda Knight 10:16 18 Feb 05

I'd say put in the scanner, then audigy, and bt last, but I dont think it would really matter. The software doesnt matter either

Yoda Knight 10:17 18 Feb 05

oh, the maxtor I'd put in before the BT (but again, thats just me !)

FelixTCat 10:19 18 Feb 05

Since you will be on the internet, do remember to put your firewall and antivirus on. It would be easy to leave them 'til later, but then find you're surfing for updated drivers for the scanner etc before installing them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced