fitting upgraded processor to existing K7S5A M/bd

Daviva 19:32 06 Mar 04

I now have aa Athlone 1000mhz and i am wondering whether it is worth upgrading the processor to an AXDC2400DKV3C which has a FSB of 266Mhz. There is a bios upgrade for a 2400, is it a bit risky to try this? I would be grateful for any comments from your experienced readers

Diodorus Siculus 19:47 06 Mar 04

If the mobo will support the 2400, you will notice a difference in speed with some applications. BIOS flashing is a fairly safe process nowadays provided you follow the relevant instructions.

Extra RAM will also make a difference; depends on what you will use the machine for.

is the board?

Just most of the new K7S5A are already flashed to the bios that supports the XP2400 chip.

if not the details can be found here click here Make sure that you get the right version in term or pro and non pro if you have to flash the bios.

ardvarc 09:03 07 Mar 04

Click on K7 series and scroll but check what version MoBo you have first. Usually this can be seen if you take the case side off and version is written on MoBo. There is also good info on how to flash BIOS if needed on the first page.

click here

Daviva 10:52 23 Mar 04

thanks to all contributors for their advice. Have decided to wait and upgrade M/bd at the same time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…