Fitting a tape content onto a CD

johnincrete 10:50 01 May 15

I have 10 mp3 files that were downloaded and that were originally on 90-minute audio tapes meaning that they are just too long to burn onto a CD. Obviously, I can copy the files to a USB stick but I want to play them in my car which does not have a USB port on the CD/Radio player.

Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 01 May 15

One way would be to rerecord at a lower quality, that would reduce the size if the files,

OK if speech but possibly not if music.

What size are the files? total size? will the care play MP3 files on CD or do you need to convert back to CDAA to play?

Aitchbee 11:22 01 May 15

Perhaps you could redigitise the 90 minutes of music in real time using something like audacity or soundforge and then save as mono wave soundfiles. Then burn to CD.

robin_x 17:09 01 May 15

Presumably they came from C90 tapes which is 45 mins per side and so easily split for 2 CDs per tape.

click here you could play from your MP3 device (on the passenger seat or in cup-holder) with an FM Transmitter in the headphone socket

(don't fiddle while driving for safety and legal reasons)

=-=-=

Or

rdave13 20:25 01 May 15

How about going for One pack of these or similar.

Burning at the lowest speed possible.

Last one here even.

hastelloy 09:39 02 May 15

rdave13

I used some of these to good effect some years ago. I don't know if it still holds true now but at that time not all CD burners would burn more than 80 minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…