fitting sound card

sunnystaines 22:15 04 Oct 09

an audigy 2 into the motherboard [foxconn945 7mc]. does the small lead still have to run from the card to the cd drive or is it automatically picked up from the motherboard once placed in the socket.

the board has onboard sound which i will disable.

it only has 512 of ram so hoping it will ease resources, i have already put a graphics card in to replace onboard graphics.

Stuartli 23:51 04 Oct 09

If you go to Device Manager and highlight your CD/DVD drive(s)>Properties>Properties tab, you can
Enable Digital CD Audio for this CD/DVD drive.

The lead(s) will not then be required.

sunnystaines 06:10 05 Oct 09

thank you

Chris the Ancient 10:01 05 Oct 09

Just adding to the thread so that I can find it in 'My Postings' in a couple of weeks as I'm going to get a reasonable sound card soon.

Stuartli 13:21 05 Oct 09

The method works for both on-board and sound cards - I have on-board sound and both my optical drives are audio cable free, although they are kept handy just in case...:-)

sunnystaines 21:51 05 Oct 09

fitted soundcard after disabling onboard sound in BIOS, tested sound and it worked ok.

had forgotten about your instruction re enable digital in cd properties but it worked anyway.

thanks for helping.

sunnystaines 20:01 06 Oct 09

the cd drives were already ticked when I checked the driver must have done it during install making it work straight away

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…