Fitting of Second CD Player

Ex plorer 12:01 14 Oct 05

Try to keep it brief, I have installed a Read Write CD Player in my old Advent PC and it works fine.
I now want to reinstall the old one underneath for a copying to.

There are four plugs in the wire harness in yellow red and black that are spare for the power at least I assume that’s what they are for as all other drives have similar plugs in same colours going to them.

The top Read Wright Player has wires to a sound Card. On the sound Card there is an identical spare wire with plug that matches the one that goes into the Read Wright Player but will not reach the second Player but dose it need it.

The hard Drive has a broad cable that goes to the MOB and has a connector half way can this go into the second CD Player.

The Floppy drive Wide cable takes up the second plug on MOB

When I bought the new CD Player it didn’t come with mounts so I will need two more dose any one know what they are called or get them.

Ellion 13:20 14 Oct 05

First off: Yes you can use the spare power leads.

Second: the wire from the motherboard to the cd drive, no it doesn't "need" to be plugged in but you wont be able to hear any sounds ie music or speech from the cd in the drive. The solution: unplug it and buy a longer one from your local computer shop.

Third: The cable from the hard drive to the motherboard, yes you can use the spare plug half way up the lead, but make sure you set the jumpers on the cd drive to "slave" shouldn't need mounting brackets, but if you do, pick them up at the shop when you buy your longer audio lead.

Ex plorer 13:46 14 Oct 05

Hi thanks just need someone to help along have now found a site with details as well.

click here

I live out in the sticks 50 mile jurny at least to neares shop so will serch ebay or some where on the net for cable.

I have a new wide cable as it happens if needed with three conections.

Will see if it will fit in without Rails and Clips

Thanks for the input.

Cuddles 18:19 14 Oct 05

Try click here for your drive rails,they do mail order, i have three drives and the sound card is only plugged into the first cd drive, the sound works on all three.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…